7:18 PM

This is why I should never have kids

Dir en grey - "doukoku to sarinu"

A week and a half ago, my coworker asked me to water her plants while she went on vacation. I promptly forgot until 2 days ago when my mom gleefully pointed to the African Violet in my room and exclaimed that she'd brought it back to life (again).

Today, thinking that I could get to work earlier than my coworker and save the plant before she got in, I grabbed the dried up leaves, threw them into a bucket of water and proceeded to let the roots soak. I felt awful. My coworker was sweet and forgave me for almost killing her plants.

They perked up a little by the end of the day. The goal was to remove them from the water and then revive them with regular watering.

For the entire day, I sat at my desk, checking on the greens every few hours, singing to them, talking to them, petting the leaves. I wrote post-it notes and stuck them to my monitor, "take plants out!"

At 5 o' clock, I grabbed my jacket and left the building, plants still drowning in water.

And this is why I should never have kids.

ps. My mom was a florist when I was younger, and brought home a variety of neat flowers when I was kid. How I managed to kill all of them including two cactii is beyond me. The only exception is the African Violent which my mom repeatedly brings back to life.

4 comments:

MC said...

So... what you're saying is... you'd leave your kids in the bathtub overnight?

HTY said...

You're useless.

Anonymous said...

I kill plants too.

Unknown said...

This story made me feel enjoy 8'DDD